The Falcon Cry

The Student News Site of Lively Middle School

The Falcon Cry

The Falcon Cry

Evening of Wonder

Violeta Sanchez
Future students spend time in Lively’s Big Gym learning about the elective classes that make Lively Middle School so special.

The booths are up, tensions are high, and kids are shuffling around, awkwardly looking around and finding ways to talk the very least they can.

Lively hosted our annual Evening of Wonder last night, November 15, 2023, and it seemed to be a success! Taking place throughout the whole school, with electives/ clubs and their respective booths in the big gym, was a crowded hit.

Unsurprisingly, there were some awkward moments, but, far greater than those moments, Lively seemed to help guide many kids to our middle school and get pretty good reviews along the way. 

A parent of a future middle schooler, Jenne Miller, reported that, although they’ve explored many different options, and that Lively is number one on that list because of our various elective choices as well as our Law and Humanities magnet program.

On top of that, teachers such as Mr. Zimmerman, a seventh grade ELAR teacher, thinks the night went “excellent” and that it well showcases Lively’s many good attributes.

Let’s be honest though, as stressful and exciting as middle school can be for adults, these types of days are all about the kids. Luckily, we’ve seemed to get good reception from them as well.

Gavin and Andrew, two excited 5th graders from Bardot Elementary, ready to get to middle school, stated that they were ready “to have more choice from what they learned” and that they were excited for the harder classes, specifically electives. Another soon to be 6th grader, Ariel Fletcher, from Dawson Elementary, said that the location of Lively interested them and that they thought it seemed like “a lot of fun.”

In the end, I think that the Lively Evening of Wonder was a worthwhile event. It helped in showcasing Lively’s many talented groups and individuals, putting the word out for uniqueclubs and electives, and most importantly guided younger minds to Lively, and, most importantly, away from rival Kealing Middle School.