The Falcon Cry

The Student News Site of Lively Middle School

The Falcon Cry

The Falcon Cry

Team Ruff wins the Puppy Bowl XX

Tater’s clock management masterclass led Team Ruff to stopping Team Fluff from doing the three-peat. Cookie then scored the winning field goal which handed them the “Lombarky Trophy.” The Puppy Bowl XX was on February 11th, 2024, and is a tournament that has been going since 2004.  The Puppy Bowl is the longest running call-to-adoption television event.

This was my first time watching it, and I thought it was great. My favorite players going into the game were Sweet Pea and Bark Purdy. In my opinion Bark Purdy should’ve won the “Pupularity Playoffs.” Though the winning puppy Fred did go on to score one touchdown for Team Fluff in the game. I think Sweet Pea should’ve won the under dog award. Although Harvey sleeping made him win the award. After the Puppy Bowl Sweet Pea sadly passed away.

I also thought that Vanessa should’ve won the MVP award because she got two touchdowns, and defended well in multiple quarters of the game. While on other hand, Moosh in a way deserved the award because he got two touchdowns, and is hearing impaired. 7th Grader Quinn Fisher agreed with me on who should have won the MVP award.

Fisher said it was her first time watching Puppy Bowl. She was supporting Team Fluff, and even voted for Fred in the “Pupularity Playoffs” final vote between Fred and Bark Purdy from Team Ruff.

Puppy Bowl XX can still be watched on Animal Planet, Discovery, and YoutubeTV.  You can watch Animal Planet’s broadcast here.

I’m sure we’ll be watching Puppy Bowl XXI next February, and hopefully you will too.