The Falcon Cry

The Student News Site of Lively Middle School

The Falcon Cry

The Falcon Cry

Usher’s Halftime Performance at Superbowl LVIII

Usher’s halftime performance with Alicia Keys, Lil John, Ludacris, and will.i.am. 

Usher gave a super performance at the Superbowl Halftime Show last night.

Usher starts off with the song “caught up” and then he goes on to sing “U Don’t Have to Call,” “Superstar,” and “Love in this Club.”   Usher then brought out Alicia Keys to sing “Ain’t Got You,” and “My Boo,” with him. Everybody was shocked to see that Usher brought out Alicia Keys and that she sang her own song.   

He then continues on to sing “Confessions Part II,” “Nice & Slow,” “Burn,” “Bad Girl,” “U Got It Bad,” and “OMG.”  Then Usher brought out Lil John to sing “Turn Down for What,” and “Yeah,” with Ludacris and will.i.am. 

A lot of people said that Alicia Keys was a highlight of 2024’s Superbowl Halftime show. “Alisha Keys kinda made the performance good because all the songs usher played weren’t really big or known,” said 7th grader Kaedyn Johnson.    

“The halftime show was cool. I thought it was especially cool when they brought out Alicia keys and they performed together,” said 7th grader Ramses Polanco. 

Many Lively students thought that Usher should have played some of his bigger hits. “I agree because if he played his bigger hits, it would have been a better experience,” said 7th grader Yaneilis Torres.  

Others think that Usher was great even without the collabs. “Usher killed it,” said 8th grader Elliana Giambrone.   And a lot of people liked the songs that he performed. “ I liked the songs that Usher performed because it would have been kinda chaotic if he played only hits,” said 6th grader Sabastian Garcia.