The Falcon Cry

The Student News Site of Lively Middle School

The Falcon Cry

The Falcon Cry

Dazzlers are real crowd pleasers!

Lively Students took home multiple awards at the Crowd Pleasers Dance Competition last Saturday. Dance Teams from across the state competed in the regional competition.

The Crowd Pleasers Regional Dance Competition was held last Saturday, February 17 in New Braunfels at Canyon High School.   Our Lively Dazzlers Dance Teams competed against 40 other schools from across the state of Texas.

Xochitl O’Dwyer, a 7th grade member of the dazzlers, said that before a competition it’s pretty stressful because it depends on what time they get to the competition and start to get ready for hair, makeup, outfits, and drink water before and after the competition.

“Having to change your makeup, hair and outfit a couple times, dance after dance, is pretty tiring after a while,” said O’Dwyer.  It all depends on how many dances the dazzlers have to do as to how many costume changes a dancer has.

Lively’s best types of dances are lyrical and hip hop, which are some of their most common dances that they do in competitions.  Every competition the dazzlers do 7 dances including some hip hop, lyrical and jazz.  One of the dazzlers hardest dances is call POM.

“It’s a very difficult dance because it has lots of very hard dance moves and tricks involved.  It was the most difficult to learn because of how many tricks, the moves and involves a lot of teamwork,” said O’Dwyer.

The dazzlers practice every dance class to rehearse.  Dancers help other dancers with corrections on the dances.

Hopes were high going into the competition.

“Our Dazzlers Elite and Royal Blues JV have dedicated countless hours of hard work and practice, and they are now ready to showcase their talent and passion on stage as they compete for a Regional Title,” said Tristan Fournier, Dance Director at Lively.

The Dazzlers Dancers didn’t disappoint taking home countless awards.  Congratulations to all the Lively Dancers that trained and competed to represent Lively.

Awards won by Lively Students:

• Winning 1st Place Trio (Platinum) – Natalie Dominguez, Ella Glass, and Kalina Guerra Haham
  • Winning 1st Place MS Officer Lyrical (Platinum)- Maya Gray, Mila Oshman, ElisaDanielle Hurtado, Nathalie Torres, Isabella Cruz, and Giuliana Deas
  • Winner 1st Place MS Jazz (High Gold)- Dazzler Elite and Royal Blues
  • Winner 1st Place MS Lyrical (Platinum and Outstanding Choreography) – Dazzler Elite
  • Winner 1st Place MS JV Lyrical (Platinum and Outstanding Choreography) – Royal Blues
  • 1st Runner Up MS Contemporary (Platinum) – Dazzler Elite
  • 2nd Runner Up Duet (Platinum)- Elisa Danielle Hurtado and Giuliana Deas
  • 1st Runner Up MS Novelty Platinum – Royal Blues